11th – 17th September 2017
2nd – 8th October 2017
Location: Trapani, Sicily.
6 Days Yoga Holiday in Trapani
Welcome to the Yoga Holiday Sicily in Trapani, the north-west side of beautiful Sicily! You will enjoy 6 days of energising yoga, the magnificent beauty of this island and the local Egadi islands, the sunshine, beautiful clear waters, some healthy food and hopefully making new friends!
Our venue is a wonderful Farmhouse located in the countryside of Trapani, close to the historical centre of the city, to the beaches, the famous salt pans and the many other attractions surrounding the area.
The farmhouse has an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, vegetable garden, farm animals, children’s playground and more!
You will get the opportunity to reconnect with nature by experiencing glamping (glamorous camping): the latest trend for open-air holidays without sacrificing the comfort.
Starting from €620
• 2 yoga Classes per day
• 6 nights’ accommodation
• Breakfast, dinner and wine included
• Access to swimming pool, sports courts and small park with wild life
• Maximum 14 people
You will be experiencing the unique opportunity of glamping. The glamping lies on a flat terrain, surrounded by fruit trees and olive groves which create the perfect environment for a Yoga Holiday. It is made by 3 tents of approximately 50sqm each, furnished with love and care.
Every tent is equipped with a wide terrace, a bedroom with double bed, a bedroom with bunk bed, wide living room with sofa, a fully equipped kitchen and a large private bathroom with glass shower, courtesy kit and hair dryer. All tents have also an independent air conditioning (hot/cold) system and WI-FI internet access. Here nature and comfort become an indissoluble combination so as to ensure that you can enjoy it with very high standards of service and hospitality.
The glamping apartments will be filled on a “first come, first served” basis. An alternative to the glamping are studio apartments, two and three bedrooms apartments*
*Prices and availability to be verified at moment of booking
The Trapani Holiday Programme
Yoga classes will be led by Jonathan Orchard who, with many years’ experience teaching in the UK and internationally, can guarantee you a great yoga holiday in a friendly but professional environment.
Morning classes aim to energize you for the day ahead and evening classes will wind you down for a relaxing evening. Yoga mats will be provided.
The rest of the day is yours to do as you choose, whether that’s enjoying a massage, relaxing out by the pool, go to the beach or exploring the surrounding countryside.
About your Yoga Teacher: Jonathan Orchard
“Welcome to my yoga holiday in the north-west side of beautiful Sicily.
I became a fully qualified Sivananda yoga teacher in 2002 and I have been running yoga holidays ever since. Over the years I’ve explored and have been trained in other styles, so I like to offer a variety of options to cover people’s needs. Through feedback from my students I have found that being joyful and spontaneous is authentically who I am as a yoga teacher. A sense of fun and friendliness brings out the lightness in both beginners and advanced. During classes students follow the conscious flow of their breath, taking time to rest when ever needed. Being honest, sensitive and open to how we feel in the moment is what yoga has become about for me.
Yoga helps us return to an understanding of movement and the spontaneity inherent in the body.
At Trapani the yoga you will explore is the result of the many influences I have been exposed to: I hope you will enjoy”.
Sample schedule in more detail
• 8:00-9.30am Morning yoga class: wake up Yoga class designed to invigorate, energize, uplift and prepare you for the day ahead.
• 9:45am Breakfast: served buffet style, with tea/coffee, juices, cereal, fresh fruits, pastries and fresh bread.
• Cook your lunch in the self-catering glamping/apartments or head to a lovely café or restaurant in Trapani.
• An organised trip will be organised on the Thursday (free day) at an extra cost to either:
• The beautiful mediaeval town of Erice
• Wine tasting
• Egadi Islands – Favignana
• Natural Reserve of “Zingaro”
• The Greek temples of “Segesta”
• Free time: time to spend as you wish. You can explore the local area, or relax at the farmhouse. Sunbathing, swimming, heading to the nearby beach the choice is yours. This is also a good time to book a massage (Jonathan is also a fully qualified massage therapist) or take a one to one Yoga class.
• Evening yoga: Our evening yoga class from 6:30-7:30pm will be a wind down from the day’s activities incorporating: restorative poses, breathing, relaxation and meditation.
• Dinner: Enjoy a 3 courses typical Sicilian dinner (starter, first course, second course, fresh fruit, dessert, coffee, water and wine)
Feedback from students
“The holiday in Dahab was the best. It was such an amazing experience and Jonathan was a devoted and excellent teacher – nothing was too much trouble – and a lot of emotion was shared as it felt such a safe environment. I have learnt a lot about Yoga as well as about me!” – Nicola (Brighton)
“His depth of knowledge on anatomy and physiology is outstanding. I believe Jonny has a gift of showing people how to improve the development and awareness of oneself. He has wisdom beyond his years.” – Stuart Tranter (Dynamic Yoga)
• €620 for 6 nights in glamping in bunk bed or twin room sharing*
• €850 for 6 nights in studio apartments (single occupant)*
*Every glamping will have a maximum of 4 occupants (2 per bedroom). All the options are Half Board (breakfast and dinner). Every glamping tent has 2 bedrooms: 1 Twin and 1 Bunk.
• Swimming pool immersed in the green of the estate and adjacent bar area
• Restaurant and central courtyard
• Soccer field, volleyball, tennis and basketball
• Bowling alley
• Children playground
• Garden and assortment of farm animals and birds
• Ping pong table and table football
• Mini-museum of peasant civilization with collection of vintage farm equipment
• Relax & TV room
• Bicycles for indoor and outdoor use
• Car / motorbike parking
Terms and Conditions
• At the moment of booking a deposit corresponding to 50% of the entire amount must be paid.
• The balance must be paid by:
• September Yoga holiday – by the 11th August
• October Yoga Holiday – by the 18th September
• September Yoga holiday: the deposit is fully refundable if cancelling in writing by the 09th July
• October Yoga Holiday: the deposit is fully refundable if cancelling in writing by the 13th August
• The balance is refundable if cancellations are received in writing up until 10 days before the starting date of the Yoga Holiday.
Please use the contact form below to register your interest.